Thursday, July 30, 2009

On Being Cranky.

I am a baker, as you may know. I've known lots of bakers in my time, and my experience has been that when bakers get older, they get crankier, a "crusty baker" if you will. I always joked with Sarah that I was going to go this route, neither of us thinking I ever would, since I am pretty happy-go-lucky and I like to goof around. You know where this is going, especially if you read my last post.

Let me clear that up; I was exaggerating a bit. I did almost hit one of my co-workers with a plastic spatula, but it was not thrown in anger. The sink is in the back room, and if I have a soft or light object that needs to be washed, I will step in the back room, lob it into the sink, and turn right back around again. That's what I did, but I didn't realize until it was too late that my co-worker was washing a mixing bowl at the time. I had too much forward momentum and I couldn't stop, and the spatula ended up in her bowl. I did apologize to her after, but she didn't seem fazed by it. My last post was just stupid, but I feel dishonest taking it down now.

Have I torpedoed stuff into the sink in anger? Yes I have. I am not proud of this and I am not making excuses for it. I get my temper from my dad, he had a hair trigger and could be quite destructive at times. He has grown out of it while I seem to be growing into mine. Not that long ago I hated to have people see me like that, but now it seems that I don't care how they see me, which is bad.

My problem is lack of sleep. I don't go to sleep when I should, and when I do go to sleep, I don't sleep well because I'm overweight and don't exercise. I use a CPAP, but I think it's only because I'm overweight. Right now I think I'm the heaviest I've ever been, but I'm not sure. I bought a scale today so I will have to check that out.

I've complained about this before, I hear you cry. Yes I have, and I haven't been doing anything about it. I have a new plan this time that I'm hoping will work, and I hope that I can drag Sarah with me, as both of us would feel a lot better if we lost weight. I have a friend from years ago on Facebook now, and he is also trying to lose weight (he was mentioning exercising and eating healthier in his status updates), and I was asking him about it. I actually asked him if he wanted to race, and he said he would (that's why I bought the scale). People do this all the time I guess, but I never tried it before. I can't really have a weight-losing competition with Sarah, because we tend to enable each other too much, so we both lose. I think it will be easier with my friend Chris, and maybe Sarah can get some benefits out of that, since I do the cooking (no benefits tonight though, I'm making some chicken smothered in a condensed chicken soup and cream cheese sauce, the sauce is awesome).

Meanwhile, I will try to be cheerier at work until I can sleep better. I need to get started before the holidays hit, because then my schedule goes crazy and I don't have enough time to sleep. only 148 shopping days till Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment