Friday, May 21, 2010

Mango

This sweet girl is Mango. She unfortunately escaped from her home and ran into a person who poured lighter fluid on her and set her on fire, giving her burns over 70% of her body. After being cared for by Merced CA vet Dr. Christine McFadden via rescue group New Beginnings for Animals, she was taken to Best Friends Animal Society in Kanab, Utah. She was well cared for there, but she developed a reaction to the anesthesia that she needed when her bandages were changed. Mango had to be euthanized a few days ago due to the complication from the anesthesia.

How do you look into that face and do something like that?

2 comments:

  1. Things like this almost make me want to give up on humanity. I truly hope there is a Hell and the person responsible for this will spend eternity there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you Steve, but I hold out hope that people like this are only a minute part of the population. As for me, I would like to bring the perpetrator (I'm 95% sure it's a male) hell on earth by pouring lighter fluid on his testicles and setting them on fire. I think eye for an eye is fair in this case.

    ReplyDelete