Saturday, May 23, 2009

The randomizer.

It's starting to get hot at work. They still haven't turned the air on in our back room (the main work area in the bakery is hopeless re: air conditioning, the ovens just nullify it). We have another oven coming in next week, I just realized that. Damn, it's going to be even hotter this summer. And I can't dress for work like I did when I worked for my dad, which was shorts, sneakers, and an apron. I don't think the Amish women (or the managers, for that matter) would appreciate that. I have gained a few pounds since those days, the rolls aren't just in the oven! Har!

Speaking of being a fat guy, I went to the Goodwill today. I loves me some Goodwill, especially when I take the time to look at the clothes. I love my long sleeve button down shirts, and 'tis the season right now for those! I bought a bunch of them, and I also found some shorts and a few short sleeve shirts. Because I am overweight, I usually have trouble finding clothes at the Goodwill. Everything is usually a med. or large, and I need extra large. Today the Goodwill was k-rad because most of the stuff was TOO BIG. That was a very nice feeling. I like buying clothes, but I triple hate the shopping part. Goodwill makes it easy! Good on ya Goodwill!

Sarah took our niece Erin to a Horse show and carnival in PA today. She has been using her parents' car (a 14 year old Volvo), but they didn't want her to drive too far in it, because it randomly gets stuck in 2nd gear. Lovely. So Sarah and Erin came to work to pick up our Saturn, and Erin was extremely excited about the fair, plus the fact that she will be sleeping over tonight. She likes it because we have a Wii and she can stay up late and all the cats will sleep with her. So I drove the Volvo home. This was the first time, because I couldn't fit into it before, as the electric seat mover wasn't working properly. I managed to subvert it and get it into a position where I could fit into the car. But it was kind of like sitting in an easy chair, which I guess is a bit dangerous. But anyway, there's lots of dials and stuff on the dash. There's a speedometer and a tach, they both have one of the little pointy things that, uh, points at what speed you're going etc. There was another dial, and this one had two pointy things on it and some numbers, and I was looking at it and wondering what the hell it was. Did you guess? Yep, it was a friggin' CLOCK. With hands. What an idiot.

I feel pretty good today, I think I got my CPAP in line, I put the newest headgear back on the mask last night, and I don't remember waking up at all. I thought the headgear was giving me terrible dandruff, because it was really bad where I thought the headgear was touching my head. I'm hoping it was just sunburn, because I have been mowing the lawn without a hat. So we shall see what happens. I'd rather have dandruff than be falling asleep at 2 in the afternoon.

And let me say one more time, Goodwill.

1 comment:

  1. Goodwill does rock! Did I ever tell you I worked there for a short time doing some vocational rehab? I was amazed but what kind of cool stuff you can find. It's all about timing. I feel for you in that heat, I don't know how you stand it, I would be a walking puddle in moments. Awesome Blog!

    ReplyDelete