Monday, February 23, 2009

The Red Pill or the Blue Pill?

We moved to DE in 1998, and that's when I started working at Sam's Club (which is the 9th circle of hell, but I digress). I had to put away the stock at Sam's, and it was a lot of stock every week, which I hadn't really done at my other baking jobs. My wife introduced me to Aleve, which worked wonders for me back then. It got so I would take it before I went to work on stock day. Mind you, before work in 1998 was 2 to 2.30 am, I pretty much rolled out of bed and went to work. So one stock day I looked for the little blue pills that made me feel so good after putting all that crap away. I took 3 instead of my usual 2, because it was getting close to Thanksgiving, so there was lots to put away (I'm a baker by the way, if I haven't mentioned that yet, and more about that later).

Around 7 am that morning, I started to get extremely tired. I could not keep my eyes open, and I actually fell asleep sitting in a chair on my break. I carefully drove home and took a very long nap.

That evening, I was telling my wife what happened at work. She knew it was stock day and that I had taken Aleve, but for some reason she asked me to show her the bottle. She worked at Wal-Mart, and we had started buying the Wal-Mart brands of all the medicines that we took, because they were a lot cheaper, and we were not making a lot of money at the time. All of these bottles look the same. You see where I'm going with this, right? I mistakenly took the PM Pain Reliever, which is in a small bottle and is also a blue pill, just like the Wal-Mart brand of Aleve. Sarah laughed at me for a good long time, and she put a Z on the cap of the PM Pain Reliever. She still does that to this day, even though I don't take Aleve anymore. But I try not to take the PM Pain Reliever any more, because it scares the heck out of me.

This story seemed a lot better in my head. Oh well, I told it because I plan on taking some of the PM stuff tonight, because I haven't been sleeping well lately. That is because I am fat and lazy and have sleep apnea (which would lessen if I wasn't fat and lazy) and I don't go to bed when I should, especially when Sarah isn't home, which she isn't tonight. So it should go pretty well. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment