Friday, February 20, 2009

So hiya.

Here I am, making yet another blog that I probably will end up ignoring, this is the 4th or 5th one. Anyway, I will regale you with tales of my work, which is kind of slow right now, and possibly my grandfather. I have wanted to write about him for some time, but I never have. It's been in my head for years. Plus, I can't type, so there's that. I use the 2 finger search and destroy method, but I can go fast enough.

Today at work I got a call from a survey company, who wanted to ask me about my supplier (Lentz Milling). The woman said it would take 10 minutes, so I said okay. We switched over to Lentz 2 years ago, after Sarah (my wife) and I went to the bakery convention in Atlantic City. Sarah liked the fruit fillings from Lentz better than the ones we were using, so I eventually asked my managers to look into it. It turned out that Lentz was cheaper across the board, so we switched over to them, and I'm really happy with them. The point was this: the lady doing the survey typed about as fast as I do, so the phone call took almost a half hour. You would think that you would have some kind of typing requirements for a job like that. I only agreed to do the survey because 1) she said it would only take 10 minutes; 2) I didn't have anything in the oven at the time, and nothing ready to go in; and 3) I wanted to give good feedback to Lentz, who commissioned the survey. I guess this was not technically a rant, since I did get paid for it.

This is the sort of fun that you can expect from my blog, just so you know. :)

2 comments: