Tuesday, April 28, 2009

everyone knows it's windy

The heat has abated slightly. It's very windy today, so that actually helps. I cannot fathom turning on the central air conditioning in April, so we had a few sleepless nights this week. It's supposed to break even more tomorrow, but it's also supposed to rain. But that's from the Weather Channel, so it's subject to change.

It's windy here quite often. Our backyard is on the edge of a huge farmed field, and we get a lot of wind from that. It's nice in the summertime, because we can have the windows open when it's hot and it's not too bad in the house. But the wind has created an unexpected problem this year. I came home from work today to find the dishes that I left in the drainboard covered in pollen. That's never happened before. I have to wash them again, but I'm also cooking tonight, so I have to close that window (it messes up the stove burners). The drainboard will be safe. Does anyone say drainboard anymore? The spell check doesn't like it.

Should we talk about the weather?

No comments:

Post a Comment