Saturday, April 4, 2009

STILL SICK for heaven's sake. Make it stop. :(


Welcome to the pity party. :)

I got up at 4 yesterday afternoon to get ready for the Middle School Dance, and I was still sick. Sarah came home from work and took one look at me and said it was okay if I stayed home, which I did. She put on a nice dress and I made myself a sandwich. I was eating said sandwich and Watching South Park when Sarah pulled up. They sent her home because she was wearing a nice dress, and everyone else was wearing jeans and t-shirts, including the adults. I was planning on wearing a shirt and tie (yes, pants too!), so I would have been sent home as well. But she said there wasn't much dancing, more giggling than anything. She said she felt like Principal Vernon from the Breakfast Club. :( That's not good. Oh well, like she said in her note to me, Sorry you missed it?

Work was pretty long as usual for a Saturday, I was feeling better than yesterday but still not 100%, so Liz came in with me again and helped me out. Next week is going to be pretty bad, Easter has gotten a lot busier for us in the last 3 or 4 years. But I like that I can dye Easter eggs at work and bake them into a bread braid, and people snap them right up. :) Last year I made a coconut cake with a basket weave on the side and green coconut on top and some jelly beans too. Again, snapped right up. I wish there was more TIME. Like Sarah said, if they ever gave me a salary instead of an hourly wage, I would never come home. Unfortunately, she's probably right.

No comments:

Post a Comment