Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Drip drip drop, little April shower.

The Blomo theme this month is Growing (Up). I don't know if I will do too much with that throughout the month, but I will today. The grass is growing! I was planning on cutting the grass today because the stupid Weather Channel said (on Monday) that it would be nice today, and I am off of work. However, it now looks like rain and I am still sick, and if you've ever cut tall grass when it's humid, you know how much of a mess that makes. I can't be too lax with the grass, because our town has an ordinance that says we need to keep the grass below 10 inches, and Sarah is the town clerk. So that would look bad.

I hate doing yardwork, except for cutting the grass. It's practically the only exercise I get. I like to listen to music while I'm cutting, I bought a pair of those big 70s headphones so I wouldn't have to turn the volume up so loud (my ears are pretty bad already). I use Sarah's iPod now when I cut the grass, but I used to use a Walkman which would hitch a little every time I took a step. It sounds a bit like rhythmically hitting your turntable while the record's playing. Um, a Walkman plays cassettes. Just in case there are young folks reading. :) I have a couple of Discmans as well, and Sarah bought me a belted holder for it so I could walk around with it. Sadly, I don't remember ever using it (sorry sweetie). I like to sing along when I'm listening to music, and I did that when I cut the grass. Until Sarah said she could hear me over the mower, which was good to know. I sing much quieter now.

I'll have to cut the grass tomorrow, because they're calling for rain on Friday too. Tomorrow is going to be rough, I have a lot of work to do, and I have Book Club at night, and I have to make something for dinner. So today I will be resting up. I am supposed to go out to dinner tonight with Sarah's family for her mom's birthday, but I'm not sure if that's a good idea at this point. I don't want to make anyone else sick.

Hmm, it seems like only one sentence fit the theme. Oh well.

2 comments:

  1. what? this was all about grass growing... right?

    Your title made me smile though... when I was a youth we had a Disney double record that we played the crap out of and it had this song on it :) I forgot all about both the song and the album till this moment, so thanks for bringing me back :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I could add some happy to your day, I know you were feeling blue from your blog. I don't remember the song from the movie (Bambi?), I bought the Disney Stay Awake CD when it came out. Michael Stipe was one of the singers on this song, with Natalie Merchant I believe. The Replacements did "Cruella De Vil." I should listen to it, I haven't in years.

    ReplyDelete