Friday, March 6, 2009

Blog is currently experiencing fail, please stand by.


If you read any of my previous blogs, you may know that I am trying to blog every day in March for NaBloPoMo. Well, it's only the 6th day, and I have already screwed it up. I think I misunderstood the point of the exercise, which I believe is to WRITE everyday, not post a blog every day. I wrote two blog posts on Wednesday, because I had a lot of stuff to do yesterday and I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to write anything of substance (which begs the question, have I written anything of substance at all?). I saved it as a draft in Blogger to post when I got home on Thursday afternoon. Blogger called my bluff, and posted it on the date and time that I actually wrote it. I didn't notice until I got up this morning that I had two posts for Wednesday and none for Thursday. Since it was only for an hour and a half, I changed the date of the last post to Thursday, since I actually posted it on Thursday. I was thinking about this at work, and I thought that it was dishonest, which is why I'm spilling the beans on myself here. Would anyone else but me have known the difference? Maybe not. At least I think I learned something. I will still be blogging everyday, so don't think you're getting off that easily.

One of the things I did yesterday was go to book club at our county library. We read Case Histories by Kate Atkinson. I thought it was excellent; there are many amazing coincidences throughout the book, but I didn't mind those because the writing was very good and I liked the setting (pastoral England) very much. I usually don't talk much at book club, but I wanted to last night. I did try at the beginning, but I kept getting discouraged, so I shut my mouth.

Sarah and I are going to see Watchmen with our friend Adam tomorrow. I am extremely excited to see it, but I'm not getting my hopes up, as the comic has been called unfilmable by many people who would know about these things. I read the book over 10 years ago and have tried to get Sarah to read it ever since. Don't think it's because she's a girl, she's the one who got me into comics! And for you non-comics fans, this book really transcends the whole comic-geek thing, it really is a good story, it just happens to have a lot of pictures as well. Adam is also very excited to see it, so it should be a good time. We are going to La Tolteca for a late lunch beforehand, which is a really great Mexican restaurant chain.

Tonight Sarah and I are celebrating Frozen Food Day in grand style, we're having chicken parmigiana with mozzarella sticks and buffalo bites, and ice cream for dessert. Celebrate with us, it's tres healthy and very in! Also, Sunday is Be Nasty Day, so I will be ringing that one in by cleaning out the litter boxes. I'll have an extra hour to do those.

2 comments:

  1. A few things . . .

    I don't feel in the least betrayed by your blog post date trickery; I didn't even notice.

    I haven't read Case Histories, but I've read her follow-up to it, One Good Turn, which also features the character Jackson Brodie. There are a lot of links and interconnections in that one, too, so you'd probably enjoy it.

    I've never read Watchmen either, but I've read about it. The story looks interesting, and some people believe that the way in which Dr. Manhattan experiences time is an inspiration for the TV show Lost, if you watch that. Something about how all of time is experienced by him all at once or something.

    Also, I think you have one fewer hour to scoop litter since we spring forward an hour this weekend.

    Sorry for the long comment, but I actually had something of substance to say (I think).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again for the comment, Caleb's Dad! (Is it okay to use your real name here?) And please don't be sorry for commenting, I really appreciate it.

    Thanks for the info about One Good Turn, I liked the Jackson Brodie character a lot and I was planning on reading more of her books, so that is a bonus. I read somewhere that the creators Lost are big fans of Watchmen, so it could have something to do with Lost. I've never seen it myself, but I think I may give in at some point.

    And of course, you are correct about DST, I guess it was just wishful thinking on my part. :(

    ReplyDelete