Sunday, March 29, 2009

Today I have been fighting off a cold, so I've been pretty lazy. I don't usually take naps on Sunday, but I did today. The point is that this will be short, but I thought of a quirk I have at work (ooh, a work quirk!) that I would share.

I have blogged before about the fact that I work with mostly Amish, Mennonite, and Christians. I myself am not a religious person. I'm not really sure what I believe in yet, if anything, which I'm fine with right now. Anyway, I use a digital scale at work to weigh the ingredients. It of course is a decimal scale, which goes the the 100ths place (like 30.75, if I remember correctly). All of the ingredients for a few of the breads that I make sometimes end up being 6.66 pounds. If this happens when I am done weighing it out, I will add a little more of the last ingredient so it does not weigh 6.66 pounds. That's it. It's stupid, I guess. Would you call that superstition? Or respecting the beliefs of the people I work with?

1 comment: