Thursday, March 12, 2009

Haiku Thursday

I blatantly stole this idea from Monica. I haven't written a haiku since probably the fourth grade, and I wanted to try it again. Here goes:

first haiku thursday
I hope I don't screw it up
be gentle with me

Sunny, cat elder
why are you so mean to all?
aren't you happy?

dinner is baking
noodles, beef, vegetables
casserole is bliss

I wake up at one
baking must begin early
I am happy there

I pine for the fall
cool days, burning wood, color
never comes too soon

Sarah smiles for me
it warms the inside of me
she is beautiful

Toby sleeps all day
he is a shadow at night
chasing through the house

getting older now
like always, but feeling it
I'm not too worried

Oh ring baloney
so cute and small and tasty
pork roll is better


I guess that's enough. That was fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment