Monday, March 16, 2009

Long day today.

Bah. I started to write about my long day at work today, and it morphed into a boring recounting of what I do at work. Suffice it to say that it was a long day, but it was expected, and I managed to get a lot of work done. I am now off two days in a row, which is unusual for me. Sarah took 3 days off, so I took an extra day to spend time with her. She is leading the book club discussion this week (we are reading Protect And Defend by Vince Flynn), so she was going to work on that. Plus we are going with our friend Adam to Brandywine Springs Park up in Wilmington. It's the site of a early 20th century amusement park. Some of the foundations of a few buildings are still there, and the rest of it is left to your imagination. It is an extremely cool place. We are also going to the Iron Hill Brewery for lunch or dinner, I'm not sure which one. It looks like a pretty good place, Adam likes beer, but we do not.

Yesterday I made some Machaca beef in the slow cooker. We had it with nachos, it was extremely good (especially since we always have canned refried beans with our nachos. In case you're wondering, Saturday night is nacho night in our house, but we were babysitiing, so we moved it to Sunday). It's just a beef roast with onions and spices, and you shred it at the end of cooking a throw some salsa in there. I'm having some more tonight!

Even though I really enjoy writing here, I haven't felt very inspired lately. I'm hoping that tomorrow will be better. I am downloading the Vince Flynn book so I can listen to it in the car and at work so Sarah can read the one copy of the book we have tomorrow, and I should have plenty of time to write about something that is interesting to me that you probably could care less about. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment