Saturday, November 21, 2009

And again.

Today was a long day at work, I was hoping to get a lot of stuff done in advance for next week. I got most of it done, I had to leave some of it. I can probably get some of the ladies to do it if they have some extra time. I haven't decided what time I want to go in on Monday (or Sunday). I probably should go in late Sunday night so I have enough time to sleep Monday afternoon.

In other exciting news, I ordered my fresh turkey today. I got a 16 pounder so we would have lots of leftovers. I am going shopping tomorrow morning for the rest of my Thanksgiving stuff, hopefully I won't forget anything. I am going to do the brine thing again this year, I've done it twice in my life and it has come out great both times. I am going to have to brush up on turkey carving online, as I have never done that. I also have to figure out what to make for breakfast; obviously something that doesn't need to go into the oven.

Sadly I will be Pookie-free almost all weekend. She was collecting canned food at the supermarket today with her mom and sister, and she's going to the Avon club meeting this afternoon, then to an outing with her boss tonight. Tomorrow she is going to the Penn Museum in Philly for Harry Potter day with her mom and sister and our niece. We went to the first one, and it was really very cool. They had Potter-related displays and classes and also tied in the museum displays to Harry Potter, where they could. They have college students playing the characters from the books, and at one point we passed Professor Snape in a stairwell. He actually glared at us and was very scary! It was a great day and I'm sad it's this weekend, because I cannot go.

I was talking with a co-worker today who just turned 21 last week. She was upset because she will be 30 in less than 9 years! I told her I will be 40 in less than a month. She said that was okay for me, because I am used to being old. That's always nice to hear. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment