Wednesday, November 25, 2009

My busiest day of the year.

Well, it's finally over. I made it through another Thanksgiving. Everyone of my co-workers (and Sarah) did a great job, and we had a lot of stuff to put out for sale today. I made 125 dozen dinner rolls today, among other stuff (if I haven't mentioned before, a big day for dinner rolls is 9 dozen). I got an e-mail from my supervisor after work, saying that all the rolls were gone and that there were not too many pies left. That was nice of him to do that, becuase it was going to drive me crazy waiting till Friday to find out how much we sold. I am actually off on Friday this year, but my co-worker was going to call me and let me know (I did the same for her last year, it bugs her too, not knowing). It's going to make her job harder on Friday, but she'll be there early and I didn't want to have too many leftovers (one year we had around 35 dozen rolls left, that was a nightmare).

Yesterday I had trouble sleeping, I guess I was anxious about the work, because I was having dreams about multiple pans of burnt dinner rolls. I got up an hour early and went into work a half hour early. At around 11 pm I started getting really tired, I was floundering and having trouble focusing, and it took a few hours to snap out of it. At least this year I didn't forget the yeast in anything. It's almost a tradition that I forget the yeast in something on Thanksgiving; one year it was a mix of 42 dozen rolls. That was not a fun time. Hopefully I have broken that tradition.

So now I have two days to relax. Tomorrow I am making Thanksgiving dinner for Sarah and I; this will be my third time making everything by myself. The turkey is currently swimming in brine, and I'm going to make mashed potatoes, apple sausage stuffing, green bean casserole, and a few pies. I brought rolls from work. :) There will be napping, since we'll be alone and we don't have to feel bad about napping, and Sarah is going to watch the parade because she always misses it. We have to take care of our cats- and bunnies-in-law, but other than that and maybe some Beatles Rock Band, we are doing nothing. Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment