Friday, November 13, 2009

You must do a lot of loafing

Being a baker, that's one joke I NEVER EVER get tired of when people ask me what I do for a living. Oh my yes. :P

Tomorrow at work, I have what I think is the biggest single bread order that I've ever had in the almost 8 years I've been there. 65 loaves of sourdough bread, sliced, for 9 am. The hard part is going to be the slicing and bagging, which sadly I will probably not be a party to. It's Saturday as well, which is the busiest day of the week, so it's going to be a little hairy. But I'm only going in a half hour early, because I don't feel like messing with my schedule too much today. Not that I have important things to do, but Sarah is not feeling well and I want to pick her up at work at 5 so she doesn't have to walk home in the rain. Well, I don't have important things to do besides that. My work ethic has made me miss a lot of time with her in the past, and I also missed a lot of things that I now wish I hadn't, so no more slave to work, unless it's obvious like the holidays. But it's been kind of slow so far this year, and I kind of half hope that it doesn't get any busier so that maybe I can enjoy them a little bit more, which would be nice.

VII

On a slightly related note, I'm really looking forward to making Christmas cookies this year, even though my mixer broke. I won't be doing it overnight like the last two years, so Sarah and I are doing them together. She has already promised to decorate the gingerbread cookies for me. She's very creative, so I'm going to let her do them however she wants. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment