Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Day off.

Wednesdays are my usual day off from work, along with Sunday (the store is closed then). I've been off on Wednesdays for as long as I remember, because that is the day that was the least busy in the old days when there were bakeries everywhere. That's not always so these days, but it works out pretty well for me, work-wise. Sarah is not off on Wednesdays, so I am home by myself from 9-5. I usually wake up and take care of the animals, and most times I make breakfast for both of us. This morning I made ham omelets and toast. It was pretty good.

After Sarah leaves, I have trouble focusing on what I need to do that day. I make a lot of plans but hardly get any of them done. I often end up sitting on the internets for most of the day, or I am constantly breaking up my tasks with visits to Facebook. This is actually what I'm doing right now. I have laundry going that I should be folding, but I'm here instead. I am also ripping CDs on my slow PC to put on iTunes on our Mac, which really isn't necessary. But it also breaks up the tasks. I have finished putting out the recycling, but I still have to vacuum, which I'm not looking forward to.

This happens every Wednesday, and I don't know how to buckle down and just do what I have to do, and I'm not sure if I ever will. I have found a program for the Mac that will shut down the internet for 8 hours, but I think that would drive me absolutely crazy, and I don't know if it would work. There's still the tv, and I can still use the Mac for other stuff. I guess I'll get my tasks done eventually, right? How do you stay off the internet or avoid distractions?

No comments:

Post a Comment