Monday, November 2, 2009

Day 2

Hmm, I'm already cutting it close (I should be getting ready for bed now, I usually wake up to go to work at 12.30 am), and I don't know what to write about. I had a crappy day at work which started at home. We were away for the weekend and got back Sunday night in time to start getting ready for bed. I changed all the clocks downstairs that didn't change themselves, then went about my evening ablutions in addition to unpacking the car (does anyone say ablutions anymore?) (addendum to yesterday's blog: I love parentheses). I went upstairs to bed. I put my CPAP mask on (I'm fat and have sleep apnea) and set my clock for 12.30. Yes, without setting it back. So I was up at 11.30 and not real happy about it. But I got ready for work, I didn't want to disturb Sarah by going back to bed, and I was afraid of falling asleep on the couch. Mondays are usually kind of busy, because Saturdays are very busy and we usually get cleaned out. Today was the exception, of course. I got all my work done quickly because when I get annoyed, it quickly turns to irrational anger, and it makes me work faster for some reason. I took some stuff I made down to the freezer, and one of the bagging room workers left a cart kind of in the pathway. The cart had small bottles of soda on it, many of which fell on the floor when I tried to get past (no mess, just lots of bubbles which equates to flat soda down the line. Sorry, customers). When I came back, the woman had moved the cart, but she was up on the ladder and dropped a box of potato chips on my head (it was an accident, but it did not help me calm down). Then I had to do administrative bullshit work, which I don't have to do a lot of, but I hate hate hate doing it. I do love my job like I said yesterday, but just the baking part of it, not the administrative being the manager of the bakery part of it. I'm not built for that; I learned that long ago, but I have failed to apply this to my actual life. Twice now.

We are getting a new label machine in the bakery, and all of the labels have to be input all over again by hand. I'm not responsible for that; I am responsible for going through every label to make sure the weight, ingredients, and price is correct. There's more than 300 items, and it took me 9 hours. That's a whole day of not baking! Not in a row, over 4 days. Yes, I do realize that this is an entire job for some people and I should be happy that I don't have to do it all the time, blah blah blah. Sometimes it just feels good to be pissed off, you know? It gave me a lot of energy today. Usually it ends up badly, but it's hard to just shake it off. It's something I inherited from my dad. He managed to get rid of it somehow, but for me it feels like it's getting stronger.

This is another thing you can expect from my blog: confusion. O_o

No comments:

Post a Comment