Monday, November 9, 2009

Fall, we hardly knew ye

A couple of days ago I had the heat on in the house and it was cold at work. Today I had the AC on in the car, and I'm going out to cut the grass in shorts and a t-shirt. I hope we get back to fall before Thanksgiving, because I am making a turkey for Sarah and me (it's just going to be the two of us for the first time), and I like to brine it. I don't have room for a turkey bucket in our refrigerator. The last time I did it (2001), I was able to brine the turkey in the attic for three days, because the temperature in the attic was well below the green zone. I don't think it's been that way since then. And it would be fantastic to have snow on Christmas, even though we may be driving to be with my sister and her husband. I know I'm getting a little ahead of myself, but I really like this time of year, but it's not right if it's this warm out. I will keep my fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment