Saturday, November 27, 2010

bleah

So I went back to work today after 2 days off, which is unusual (we are closed on Sundays, and they won't let me work then, I asked). It was hard, as post-holiday days always are, mentally and physically. There were about 30 bags of rolls left today, but we did sell more than last year. Lots of pies left as well, but we put all that stuff out for half price today, hoping it would sell so there would be less to throw away on Monday. Throwing stuff away is the last resort, we don't throw out very much stuff at all since the economy tanked. It seems like people wait for stuff to go out of date these days. Which is fine, as I'd rather sell something at half price than throw it away.

It was crushingly slow yesterday, so I baked very conservatively this morning, which turned out to be a big mistake. The bread rack was almost empty when I left at 12.30 (we're open till 7 on Saturdays), and the 3 pumpernickel bread I made didn't even make it out to the sales floor. I do like when that happens, but not that early in the day. I suppose I have to leave sometime, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment