Monday, November 8, 2010

The worst part about getting older

I turned 40 last December. It wasn't a big deal to me, it was just another birthday. I don't feel old at all, I still think of myself as a kid sometimes. Granted, I have abused my body with food over the years and I have aches and pains, but I can still walk it off. I forget things too, I go into a room for something and forget what it was. It used to be that if I went back to the original spot, I would remember, but I can't rely on that anymore. But I remember eventually.

My hair has been falling out and clogging up the shower drain for years. I can tell that my hairline in front is higher than it used to be. I really don't care if I lose it all, it's one less thing to do everyday. It's gotten fairly gray too, though not as gray as my beard. I really like the gray in my beard, but Sarah doesn't like the beard at all. I have a goatee for maybe a month until I get tired of trying to trim it, then I get rid of it.

The one thing I cannot stand that's been happening recently is the proliferation of nose hair. I can't grow a really thick mustache, but I think if I let my nose hair grow for a few weeks it would be a perfect mustache. Yes, this is gross.

Where do they all come from? It's not like there's a lot of space in there. I used to pluck them, but it makes me tear up and sneeze and it hurts, so I stopped. I bought a trimmer for my nose and my eyebrows (my eyebrows get really bushy, and yes, I know that's also gross that I use one trimmer for both, it's not yours!). It seems like I'm sticking that thing in my nose everyday. There's so much hair in there that it has actually shut down the trimmer a few times. I know you're supposed to have nose hairs to filter out junk from the air you breathe, but come on. Maybe I don't have allergies at all, maybe I'm just clogged up with nose hair.

The worst feeling is a nose hair that's sticking out or into the other side of the nostril, and that makes me feel like I have a visible booger in my nose, which is something I'm very paranoid about. Then I have to go to the bathroom and check it to make sure it's not a booger, which is a waste of time because it's always a stupid hair. I know the one time I let it go, it's going to be a booger, and no one is going to be nice enough to point it out to me.

I can't wait until I start getting ear hair. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment