Friday, November 12, 2010

Opposite Day

Yesterday was a great day, mainly at work. I woke up and I didn't feel tired like I usually do, and my shoulder that has been bothering me wasn't. My back felt pretty good (I have a protruding disc at L5, which comes and goes), and the plantar fasciitis in my heel wasn't bothering me either. With the fasciitis and my shoulder, I usually have to walk down the stairs sideways, one step at a time. I do exercises for my heel, but I have not been to the doctor for my shoulder yet (I'm sure that is in Sarah's list of things to do, I hate talking on the phone so she makes all of my appointments). So none of that stuff was bothering me.

I had a lot of work to do yesterday, and everything fell into place beautifully, and all the bread looked really great. As did everything else. I usually get some help around 4.30 am, but not on Thursdays, but I was chugging along really well and I didn't need it. I even got a couple things done at home too. I kicked some ass yesterday.

Today I got kicked in the ass. I woke up in pain from everywhere, tired and not wanting to go to work. I screwed up a few mixes today and overproofed a lot of stuff, but luckily didn't burn anything. There was a lot of yelling and cursing going on. That has to happen before 4.30, because I don't like doing that in front of the people at work (plus, I can be fired for cursing). So I was having a big pity party for myself for most of the day. I know that it's all in your attitude, but it was so hard to get out of that funk this morning, I did try once people started coming in. It eventually lifted but I was still in wanting to go home mode, and I was able to leave early, after 9 hours, which kind of sucks. Oh well, you win some, you lose some. The challah did look really good today though, so there's that.

No comments:

Post a Comment