Saturday, November 20, 2010

Gearing up

Today was a long day at work, I tried to get as much ready for next week as I could. Monday through Wednesday next week is basically coming home from a very long day at work, sleeping for a few hours, then going back to work. Hopefully it will not be that bad, but we'll see. I'm starting to get a little anxious about it now.

I am picking up my co-worker at midnight on Sunday night/Monday morning (she is Amish and is not allowed to work at all on Sunday). She does the pies and I do the bread and rolls. We have an overabundance of people working on Monday and Tuesday, which will be good since we only have 4 bakers on Wednesday, which is the big order pickup day. Wednesday usually starts for us on Tuesday night. Sarah is coming to help us also, so that will be good. I guess it was a good thing that I shoveled the sidewalk at KayBee all those years ago. :)

Tomorrow I have to try and get up early and go shopping for Thanksgiving ingredients. The last thing I want to do after work on Wednesday is go shopping, because that's when everyone else is doing it. I am making mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, and two kinds of stuffing. That will be easy compared to all the dinner rolls I have to make this week, which I also have to bring to Thanksgiving. It will be tiring, but fun, despite my constant complaints during this time of year that I wish I stayed in school. I don't, really. If I had an office job I think I would be even fatter than I am now.

No comments:

Post a Comment