Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Mission accomplished

Yes, that is a clean refrigerator! On the inside, I didn't actually get to the outside, it took about 4 hours just for the inside. There are still Christmas cards from last year hanging on the outside, maybe someday. And it was clean out your fridge day, not clean out your freezer day, so don't ask.

I took all of the shelves out, that was the first time I did that. We got this fridge in 1998, so yeah, ewww. See the drawers on the bottom? I have taken those out and cleaned them before, but I didn't realize the whole assembly came out. There is a glass shelf on top of them that just rests on top of the drawers. I thought it was permanent, but it was actually just some brown goo that was sticking it in place. Once again, ewww.

The drawers used to shriek whenever you pulled them out, but not anymore. Underneath the drawers was pretty bad, how does stuff get down there? Apparently it travels down the back of the shelves, as I found clumps of spilled baking soda down there. I haven't had baking soda in the fridge in at least 2 years. I hope National Clean Your Oven Day is coming up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment